Roasted Winter Squash Medley Under 150 Calories
With squash in peak season, this recipe from Skinnytaste combines a variety of winter squash, including butternut, kabocha, acorn or any of your other favorites. The savory seasoning calls for smoked paprika and cayenne pepper for a flavorful side dish that tastes like pure fall.
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) onion powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1.2 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) kosher salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) brown sugar
- 2 pounds (.9 kg) mixed winter squash (butternut, kabocha, etc.), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, salt and brown sugar.
In a large mixing bowl, toss squash with butter and olive oil. Add 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the spice mixture to the bowl and toss well to coat.
Place squash on a sheet pan lined with parchment and bake for 40–45 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes, to allow for even browning. Finish by sprinkling with 1 1/2 (7.3 ml) teaspoons additional spice mixture. Toss gently to coat and serve hot.
Per serving: Calories: 140; Total Fat: 6.5g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 8mg; Sodium: 54mg; Carbohydrate: 21g; Dietary Fiber: 3.5g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 2g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 843mg; Iron: 10%; Vitamin A: 477%; Vitamin C: 80%; Calcium: 12%